Nexbridge welcomes direct contact for our advertised posts, however does not accept unsolicited calls or emails from recruitment agencies.
Senior IP Network Engineer Vacancy – Immediate Start
12th August 2019
Role: Senior IP Network Engineer
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (09.00 to 17.00 Monday to Friday)
Start: Immediate start
Nexbridge is a Manchester based telecommunications business that provides high volume VoIP call services to enterprise businesses, resellers and the call centre industry. The vacancy has arisen with immediate start for the right candidate. You will be a self-starter with extensive knowledge of server infrastructure and networking in relation to an IP-based telecommunications business, together with an ability to work in a fast paced and challenging environment.
The role will involve both building and supporting our IT Infrastructure, capacity management and a responsibility over the entire health of the network. This will also include managing multiple datacentres and our Virtualization infrastructure.
Of particular interest will be candidates who, in addition to strong sysadmin skills in Linux, can also offer a solid understanding of PHP and have a firm knowledge of Layer 2 Interconnectivity, BGP, Routing, Switching and IPv4 address space management.
Candidates must expect to be part of an on-call rota and be willing to occasionally work unsociable hours as the role requires.
You will be working from home/remotely in the main, however you will be required to attend the company office and datacentre sites in Manchester as required, hence North West location essential.
- Operation and administration of ‘high availability’ Linux based IP Telephony platforms and associated tools
- Liaising with development teams and third party software suppliers
- Data centre site attendance for regular maintenance and health checks
- Monitoring and administration of Vyatta, Cisco and Open-Source Network Infrastructure hardware and its related software
- Production and maintenance of operational documentation
- Understanding and interfacing with core network architecture
- Management and development of monitoring, alerting and diagnostic tools
- Upkeep of multiple, independent DNS Zones and Split-Horizon DNS Infrastructure
- Be pro-active, self-motivated and comfortable working in a high pressure environment
- Team player with strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to administer a complex site alone
- Ability to plan for the future of the site/network and make recommendations for improvements
- Evaluates and/or recommends purchases; has strong influence on purchasing process
- Management of company email
- Linux – Debian/GNU preferable
- Scripting – PHP, BASH, Asterisk DialPlan, Cisco IOS, Vyatta VyOS
- Database – MySQL/MariaDB – preference will be given to candidates who have experience in managing large datasets (5m+)
- OpenSIPS, Asterisk, Firewalls, Unified Threat Management Systems
- Hypervised Infrastructure – Proxmox, OpenVZ, LXC, Virtual Servers, Docker
- Protocols – TCP/UDP/IP, RTP, SIP, Ethernet, DNS, DMZ, IPv4, BGP, NAT, Routing, MPLS, IPSec, OpenVPN, OSPF, VLAN
- Sound knowledge of Telecoms principles and VoIP technology, e.g, SIP proxy, B2BUA, Session Border Control
- Apache, Nginx
- Cloud Infrastructure
- Hardware – Dell Servers, Cisco Routers/Switches, Ubiquiti and VyOS Routers/Switches
Please send applications with a current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nexbridge has enjoyed spectacular success in the call centre telecoms market over the last year and is now entering an accelerated growth phase.
The impact of our products has created pent up demand. To meet this, Nexbridge is instigating a UK wide specialist Partner Programme.
To take advantage of our highly innovative call centre and enterprise telecoms products, world class sales and support, and for further information on our Partner Programme, contact us on 03456 800 800.