TPS Compliant – FREE
Is YOUR data TPS Compliant?
Making unsolicited calls to an individual registered with the Telephone Preference Service (TPS) or a business registered with the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (CTPS) means you will be in breach of the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) which are enforced by the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office).
“It is a fundamental requirement of PECR, and well-known in the direct marketing industry, that a consumer’s consent must have been notified to the company before it makes direct marketing telephone calls to that consumer if the consumer is registered with the TPS. Therefore, it is a necessary step for businesses involved in telesales to make arrangements to ensure that they do not make direct marketing calls to those consumers who have subscribed to the TPS, unless the business holds records showing that those consumers have given their informed consent to that business to receive such calls.”
~ Information Commissioner
On 26 May 2011, the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011 came into force. These amend the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003. The Information Commissioner already had enforcement powers under the 2003 Regulations but the 2011 Regulations significantly extend and enhance these powers.
What are the Commissioner’s new powers?
The new powers enable the Commissioner to:
- impose civil monetary penalties of up to £500,000 for serious breaches of PECR;
- audit the measures taken by a provider of Public Electronic Communications Services (a service provider) to:
- safeguard the security of that service
- comply with the new personal data breach notification and recording requirements
- impose a fixed monetary penalty of £1,000 on a service provider which fails to comply with the new breach notification requirements; and
- require a communications provider to provide him with information needed to investigate the compliance of any person with PECR (a third party information notice).
Don’t run the risk!
TPS Compliant is offered completely FREE OF CHARGE to all customers routing their outbound calls across the Nexbridge network.
Nexbridge is listed with the Telephone Preference Service as a provider of TPS cleansing services. Enable TPS Compliant with Nexbridge to guarantee that any phone calls your call centre is making will not reach a customer registered with the TPS or CTPS.
TPS Compliant is updated daily to ensure we are up to date and you are 100% compliant on any calls made from your organisation through our network. TPS Compliant works in real time and is fully automated. As a call is attempted we check the dialled CLI against our internal TPS/CTPS customer database ensuring if the number exists within this database it is blocked before a call is attempted.
The benefits to your organisation:
- Never have to worry about breaching PECR regulations and facing fines of up to £500,000;
- Effortless and hassle free;
- Save money on data;
- Save time having to constantly check and train agents on TPS/CTPS guidelines;
- Guaranteed to never call anyone registered with the TPS/CTPS service.